Role: Sr QS Engineer
Employment Type: Full time employment
Job Location: Bangalore
Exp: 5 – 8 years
Education Background: BE in Civil
- Candidate is expected to manage site work planning, materials purchase, estimation, labor management and quality control aspects. He shall be responsible for the executing the work and driving the project.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5-8 years of quantity surveying experience in civil contracting (Construction Company) or consultancy organizations.
- Should have a thorough theoretical and practical/field knowledge of civil construction activities like RCC work, road and infrastructure work, building work, structural steel work, architectural and finishing items, plumbing and sanitary items, aluminum section work, etc.
- Should be able to work with various design disciplines like structural engineers, architects, etc. and should be able to independently prepare an accurate quantity takeoff (BOQ bill of quantities). Quantity take-off must be supported by measurement sheets and hand sketches.
- Should be proficient in spreadsheet / Microsoft excel functions. Should have a good proficiency in reviewing and taking measurements/dimensions from AutoCAD drawing files.
- Should be able to prepare rate analysis for civil construction items as per CPWD/DSR format.
- Should be experienced in preparing, checking and certifying civil construction running and final bills.
- Should be experienced with reconciliation of cement, steel and other free supply material.
- Should be able to take off accurate quantities from construction / GFC drawings.
- Should have strong knowledge of various thumb rules and ratios for civil construction items such as cement consumption, reinforcement consumption, etc.
- Having resourcefulness and contacts with suppliers, vendors and contractors of various civil construction trade items will be of an added advantage.
- Should be highly meticulous and thorough in his/her work.
Interested candidates may forward their updated profile to email@example.com.